Did not find what you were looking for?

Google

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Insomnia

My feet are chilled. I am engulfed in a sea of meaningless dreams. I am walking on the seabed. I wiggle my toes in the white sand, and I watch ethereal rays of moonlight flicker in the salted water around me. It is so quiet in here. There is only the muted voice of water wavering like slow breaths...inhale...exhale...inhale...exhale. The biting cold is spreading through my whole body, but I don't want to wake up yet.

I look up and watch the moon's distorted reflection on the surface. I feel so light. I hop and float for a minute before I land slowly on the sand again. I am shivering now. Reluctantly, I swing my arms in big strokes and start swimming to the surface. The moon is becoming bigger, and I am teetering on the edge of sleep and awakening. My head breaks the surface, and I wake up.

I keep me eyes closed, and I blindly search for the bed cover that has slipped away. I find it and pull it over my shoulders. I lie there for sometime willing myself to sleep again. I think of that welcoming bottom of the sea , but my mind refuses to wander. I give up, and I gingerly open my eyes. The room is dark, and my watch says 03:00 AM. I get up from the bed, walk to the window, and look outside. It is a silent night. The air is crisp, and the pavement is bathed in the street's golden lights. My mind leaps through continents. I begin to walk the streets of insomnia.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online