Did not find what you were looking for?

Google

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Jordan, did you heed me?

Because I did. I regarded you with love during the years I spent in your arms . I learned how to recognize your earthy face in every bend. You were the stolen moments when I stopped everything and reached out to you. You were my haven and my only road.

I recognized your essence in all things: the golden wheat fields, the reflection of clouds on murky puddles, the gentle breeze that ruffled olive trees, the flock of sheep on the sides of roads, the long afternoon walks, the fallen apples beneath trees, the cold winter mornings, the cacophony of sounds in markets, the stone buildings, the angelic voice of Fairouz in public buses, the stomp of feet dancing dabkeh, the smell of tobacco and thyme, the round edges of coffee cups, the powdered sugar on date-filled cookies, and the taste of dinner under starry skies.

Jordan...salute...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh ... biddi ma3mool :(

MommaBean said...

Very descriptive, thanks for sharing your Jordan...

Anonymous said...

I loved it, makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside and def. put a smile on your face :)

Melissa said...

Qwaider: :) I love ma3mool!

Mommabean: Thank you.

Batoul: That's how I always felt about Jordan.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online